<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 26, 2004

This is totally cool. Just the other day, I was thinking of what type of computer mod I want to try next time. I think I want to try to mod one of those metal suite cases into a James Bonds like computer. Ya, it would be bigger than a lap top, but who cares? I started to think about different things that would be cool. Of course one of the first things that popped into my head was a retina scan when the thing boots up, but that is too expensive. A finger print scanner would be cool too, but that is not very common. Then when walking in Sam's Club I saw the Fingerprint Reader for less then $40. Sweet!

Well I have been playing around with it, and it is rocking. You scan in any/all of you fingers, and then give it your windows password. When ever I log on with XP, I just touch it and it logs me in to the right account. What's more, I can use it to log into Yahoo messenger, and different web pages. It reads the prints upside down too.

I am not sure how secure it is, it warns you not to use it to protect sensitive stuff, but for $40 bucks it a cheep Secret Agent Man gadget. Well it is not a cheep as the decoder ring, or the x-ray glasses I got in my Caption Crunch, but it still brings out the kid in me. Beside, if someone wants my junk off my PC, a top of the line scanner would not stop them.

Tom's Hardware has an article on how to make your own projection TV!
Hum, very, very tempting. Maybe later...

This laser makes me wish I had an extra $700 to burn, no pun intended. The thing looks like a light saber!

I will be posting some pics and tips on how I fixed my Xbox soon. Just think of it as a late Christmas present...

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com