<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 17, 2009

I always wondered what guarantee there was that a game I bought "new" at EB games was indeed new. Looks like they got busted.

It always bugged me that the game I bought new or used came out of the same drawer. I hate buying games for places that open the game, and put the clam shell on a shelf and the game and papers in a drawer. Having that cellophane seal broken, removed the only proof that a game is new. Now I have to take the word of the pothead employee that spent 25 minutes looking in every draw for the game that the baggy he finally pulled out was the "new" one. Trust that he wasn't being lazy, or just grabbed the first one he found. Hoping that he got at least the right game system.

Half the time I end up with a scratched disk from the way the employee handled it. I can't return it even if I am standing there at the counter, because I broke the sticker seal when I checked my game.

I know they do this for "security reasons" but something always felt wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if a few stores that follow this practice have a disk duplication system in the back room.

Needless to say, I only buy used from these stores as a last resort.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com