<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Seven years sounds like a long time, but it feels like it was just last year.

I still remember being told by my mom that someone had crashed a plane into one of the twin towers as I was getting ready for work. I remember thinking it was just some idiot in a Cessna. I remember watching live as the second plane hit. I remember my stomach turning, and my whole body go numb as I realized this was no accident. I remember seeing people falling to their death. I remember seeing the towers fall straight down. I remember the reports of the other plane crashing into the Pentagon, and another one crashing into a field, and seeing the aftermath of both crashes. I remember going to work that day, and wondering if something may be tried on the California college that I work at. I remember seeing on the overtaxed internet news the additional buildings surrounding The Towers fall.

I also remember the unity of our Nation as people opened up their hearts to the families that had lost so much. I remember the emergency responders that had saved so many lives that day at the cost of their own. I remember the people that came from all over the country to search for any survivors, and helped save even more lives, and never gave up for days to come. I remember they helped and bring closure to some families that had lost a loved one.

I do remember and I will never forget why we persevere to eradicate the terrorist responsible.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com