<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

What a great wakeup call. Space shuttle Discovery lands safely The double sonic boom shook my whole house. I wanted to whoop and holler when the back wheels touched down, it was such a good feeling to see a safe return. I even found myself shedding a few tears. I remember both of the tragic accidents of the Challenger and Columbia, so a safe flight was such a relief. I live close enough to Edwards Air Force Base, so I am hopping to see the shuttle once again fly over my house piggy backing back to Florida. Good job NASA.

My only question is when are they going to start making a replacement for these ancient birds? The Venture Star looked to be such a promising replacement, too bad NASA had to pull out its funding, leaving Lockheed high and dry. I wonder if a company will be as willing to work with NASA on such a project again?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com