<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Well I think I made it, I did not play World of Warcraft all week just to make sure I am not addicted to the game. I think I was suffering from withdrawals, so I tried filling the space with other games I have not played for some time. I Played Halo 2 against some friends, it was not pretty. I was not dead last, but I was not doing all that hot.

I tried out a Half Life 2 mod, Night of a Million Zombies. The title sums it up nicely; fight off wave after wave of head hugger zombies for as long as you can. The map is fairly small area, with a few traps, and several ammo points. Most of the ammo is unlimited, and some of the weapons are hidden (still trying to find the gravity gun), but there are no health pickups that I am aware of. This is the perfect mod for the times you just want to blow off some steam. It was surprising to see how much the game started to lag with the number of zombies that were showing up. I guess that is why in HL2 they did not have any large forces to engage.

I have been mostly playing Jade Empire. It has been more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I have not gotten board of it like I did with KOTOR. I think it has mostly to do with the fact I don’t have pause the game every five seconds to baby site my companions. They can actually fight well on their own! The fighting is simplistic, but there are many types of fighting styles that will add some level of strategy. I have been pleased with the game so far.

Finally I have tried out Act of War Direct Action. The graphics are top notch, and there are many movie cut sequences. In fact there may be too many for my taste, annoying me by popping up in the middle of game play when some objectives are completed. That was a pet peeve of mine with Doom 3s sequences; they throw the games rhythm off. It is really annoying to be all into a battle and then stop to watch a movie, and then get tossed right back into the game and have to scramble to react to more problems. For some reason I am not as happy with the games interface, I cannot put my finger on it, but for some reason it seams more cumbersome then most other games. It has been challenging, at one point in the game a base I was defending was attacked by three different sides. I am not really sure what the story plot is, or if it really has one, but than Command and Conquer Generals never really had one either. I would recommend waiting for the price to come down on this game and buy Warhammer 4000 Dawn of War if you have not done so already.

And here you thought this was going to be another post just on Warcraft. World of Warcraft, my precious...

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com