<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 28, 2004

This Thanksgiving has come and gone. It was a time to celebrate and enjoy my family and to think back and reflect upon all that I have been blessed with. I want you to know what I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving. Violent video games. That’s right, after spending half a day with cousins that are one step away from jail time, and having to hear my parents fight over if my sister, who is away at a university and unemployed, should have to work a seasonal job that has been offered to her by her old employer. I want to scream and pull my hair out. How stupid can they be? They are paying for her room, food, books, classes, and now they want to pick up the tab on her car payments and insurance, just so that she can spend every hour of her two week vacation at home with them. Mean while my Dad is worrying about being able to keep his job, because they want a bachelor’s degree that he can no longer afford to get. Sacrifice?!?! I am fucking tiered of hearing about sacrifice! How about she sacrifices one of the perfect A+s in a classes and work a few hours at one of the three thousand Starbucks on campus?!?!

This is when I play Half-Life 2, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden or Serious Sam till my fingers can no longer function. See games like this are really a blessing in times like this, because in general people look down upon real violence. Virtual violence is more accepted, except by a few looser. Turn up the volume, turn down the lights, and blast everything away with a focus and lack of caution that is just overpowering. So thank you game makers, for releasing all the video games right before the holidays. They have made this time of year just a little more bearable.

Back to the fraging! I feal my blood pressure rising.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com